Crain and Hopkins Elementary cafeterias will be open on Thursday, February 18, and Friday, February 19, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. for community members without electricity to warm up and charge devices. VISD will also provide meals for children and adults in limited quantities. If you have a power strip or extension cord, please bring them with your device chargers. Power strips and extension cords will not be provided at the campuses.
There will be meal signs directing visitors to the cafeteria entrances.
- Crain Elementary cafeteria is located in the building on the school's north side. Parking will be available in the parking lot on the school's northside near the tennis courts.
- Hopkins Elementary cafeteria will be accessible from the campus's main entrance. Parking will be available in the parking lot south of the campus's front entrance.
Restroom facilities will not be available to the public due to the ongoing water line issues being experienced by our community caused by the current weather conditions. Facial coverings will be required, and we ask those visiting these campus warming centers to please be mindful of social distancing.
Before visiting a campus, VISD asks that you monitor yourself and your family for symptoms of COVID-19. Any of the following symptoms indicate a possible COVID-19 infection:
- Temperature of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth; Sore throat;
- New uncontrolled cough causing difficulty breathing (or, for students with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline);
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain; or
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever.
The weather forecast overnight shows another round of low temperatures; if these campuses experience any difficulties overnight, VISD may have to suspend, relocate or cancel opening campuses to the public. Please monitor the Victoria ISD Facebook page for updates.
Our community and student safety, health, and well-being remain the District's primary responsibility through these unprecedented times. The District greatly appreciates our community's flexibility, patience, and support.