The Victoria ISD Education Foundation announced the recipients of its Grants for Great Ideas program at the VISD Convocation on Friday, Aug. 13. In total, 14 grants were awarded equaling $49,463 to VISD educators. Including this funding cycle, almost $500,000 has been awarded since the program’s inception in 2009.
The grant title, award amount and their recipients are listed below.
- Praise Not Penalize: How to Hack STAAR; $2,500; Victoria West High School
- Camp Courageous; $4,962; All VISD elementary schools (fifth-grade speech, physical, and occupational therapy students)
- Sustainability: Making School a Growing Place; $1,000, Victoria West High School
- Science Nspired: Extending Student Impact; $4,167; Victoria West High School
- WE can do Biotechnology: West and East (WE) Collaboration and Laboratory Skills through Biotechnology Inquiry; $4,998; Victoria East and Victoria West high schools
- Vend-A-Book; $4,895; Smith STEM Academy and Elementary
- You CAN Touch This! A hands-on experience brought to the Middle Schools exploring careers, our ocean, and science!; $5,000; District-wide (all eighth-grade students)
- Habits of a Successful Musician; $1,992; All VISD middle schools (sixth-grade band students)
- Communication Corners; $5000; VISD All schools, middle, and high schools (Special Education)
- Exploring Identity and Community Through Storytelling, Film, and Animation; $2,430; Victoria East High School
- Clickers For Eduphoria; $2,240; Victoria East High School
- Growing a Reader Together: It Takes a Village!; $2,286; Crain Elementary
- Bringing STEAM into the Classroom with Osmo; $3,698; All VISD elementary schools (Gifted and Talented)
- Tokens of Knowledge; $4,295; Hopkins Elementary